Here’s a nice and simple idea to kick off the post today: The more targeted your ads are the better they will convert. With that in mind lets have a think about niches, and more specifically Libertarian Fans of Taylor Swift.
So the idea for this post was started when I came across the Facebook page ‘Libertarian Fans of Taylor Swift’. Seeing that page really made something clear to me that I’d known a long while… There really is a niche for everything on Facebook.
With that one page we have the combination of a (normally) right wing political ideology holding liberty as its principle objective and one of the biggest pop stars in the world right now who except for her feminist image is not especially known for political engagement . Now I’m not saying the two are mutually exclusive, but the idea of a group where you proclaim kinship towards both is odd.
My point here is that if this groups exists just think about how many other niches you can find!
Using Facebook Insights you can find:
• Demographics — Age and gender, lifestyle, education, relationship status, job role and household size
• Page likes — The top Pages people like in different categories
• Location and language — Where do people live, and what languages do they speak
• Facebook usage — How frequently are people in your target audience logging onto Facebook and what devices they are using when they log on
• Purchases activity — Past purchase behavior and purchase methods
Marry up some savvy insights usage and a little bit of Facebook sleuthing and you too can find a profitable niche for your business. Go on, give it a go! And if you find anything like Libertarian Fans of Taylor Swift give us a shout!
Don't miss out on the latest social marketing knowledge, news and trends!Sign up for the Beautifully Social newsletter now!
We'll even throw in an infographic full of social media marketing tips, we're nice like that.