You need to promote yourself as well as your brand or company and for that LinkedIn can be invaluable. There are loads of great tools to help you grow your network – here are the two most important factors for making sure you get the best out of them and successfully network on LinkedIn.
Expand your contact list
- Connect with everyone you work with daily – clients, co-workers and customers. If you meet people at events add them too!
- Keep an eye on “People You May Know” and connect with the relevant people.
- Import your email contacts, sort through them and connect with relevant contacts.
- Make use of groups! Identify other members that would make valuable connections and reach out to them through messages. In groups you can send messages to people even if they’re not 1st degree connections.
- Follow people you want to learn about (or from) without having to actually connect with them.
- Open new doors and create connections by making sure your “What others see when you’ve viewed their profile” in Privacy & Settings is set up correctly – display your name and headline.
You can’t network with just connections! You need to provide great value content to keep people interested. We talk about great content quite a bit here at Beautifully Social, but that’s just because it’s so important.
Here’s are some tips of on how to ensure great value content to your contacts:
- Be seen as an industry thought-leader – regularly post relevant updates or articles. You can write and publish these yourselves or just link to content you’ve found interesting or entertaining.
- Make sure you’re in their feed! Whenever something important happens in your network (new job, work anniversary) congratulate the contact. LinkedIn notifies you of these and you can set up your own follow-up reminders for each of your contacts.
- You can segment your contacts to receive personalised offers or news. You’ll appear much less spammy using Tags to segment your contacts.
- And finally… meet them in real life! Any chance you get move that relationship from online to offline.
So there you have, market yourself with strong (tagged) lists and valuable content. Easy right?
Don't miss out on the latest social marketing knowledge, news and trends!Sign up for the Beautifully Social newsletter now!
We'll even throw in an infographic full of social media marketing tips, we're nice like that.